What is iPay QuickPay?
iPay QuickPay, is a voice-driven bill pay skill that allows you to access certain information about your First Eagle bill pay account on your Alexa-enabled device.
Once you’ve enabled the skill, you can ask Alexa to make a payment, provide payment history and check scheduled payments.
Who can I pay with iPay QuickPay?
- You are able to make a payment to eligible payees you’ve added to your bill pay account
- You can ask Alexa to list your payees if you are unsure of which payees you’ve added to your account
How do I get started with iPay QuickPay?
You will need a First Eagle online bill pay account to start using iPay QuickPay. If you don’t have an account yet, log in to your Online Banking account from a desktop or laptop, not through the mobile app, and click the “Bill Pay” tab to access the enrollment form.
Then add Alexa to your bill pay account:
- Log in to your Online Banking account from a desktop or laptop, not through the mobile app, and click the “Bill Pay” tab
- Select the “My Account” tab
- Scroll down to the Voice Bill Pay section and select the “Add Alexa” link
- Confirm your email address and create a password specifically for ‘Alexa’
- Then submit
This step completes the online setup.
Now it’s time to link your bill pay account to iPay QuickPay:
- Within the Alexa App on your mobile device, search for the iPay QuickPay skill and choose “Enable”
- When prompted, enter the email address and password you created in Bill Pay to begin linking your bill pay account to iPay QuickPay
- Create a 4-digit PIN that you will remember since it will be requested every time you launch iPay QuickPay
- Select “I agree, Link Account” to complete the account linking process
- Now you can say, “Alexa, start iPay QuickPay”
How do I make payments with iPay QuickPay?
Just tell Alexa the payee you’d like to pay, the amount of the payment and the payment date. Example: ‘Alexa pay my auto loan, $350, on April 13th’