First Eagle Mobile Banking Security Tips
At First Eagle we’re very concerned about your security, no matter how you access your accounts. Now that we offer mobile banking services, we want to take a moment to share some important safety suggestions to help you avoid mobile banking fraud.
- Be aware of your surroundings
Anytime you log into First Eagle Mobile, be aware of the people around you. Never disclose personal information, including account or Social Security numbers, if other people can see your screen.
- Password protect your mobile device
Always secure your mobile device with a password to prevent unauthorized access. And, always lock it when not in use. It may be a bit of a hassle, but if it’s ever lost or stolen, you’ll be glad you took this extra precaution.
- Download only from secure sites
Beware of third-party applications that claim to organize your various online banking accounts or other passwords. Many of these are basically phishing scams designed to steal your information and send it to fraudsters. Android users should not enable “install from known sources” for security purposes. Only access your accounts through our official website firsteaglefcu.org or firsteaglefcu.mobi. Our First Eagle Mobile app is available for download at Google Play and the iPhone App Store.
- Consider anti-virus/anti-malware software
It is our recommendation that you take precautions and consider installing anti-virus/anti-malware software on your mobile device. Please note: Third-Party application stores do not have sufficient security to keep malware out (the Android operating system in particular is susceptible to the threats as it is the most popular).
- Completely log out. Be sure to log out completely every time you finish a mobile banking session. This will prevent easy access to yourinformation. Also, never save any financial or personal information on your mobile device, including PINs and logininformation.
- Delete TextsWhile First Eagle will never send personal or account identifying information via text, being in the habit of periodically deleting your archived texts will help ensure there is never information on your phone that might jeopardize your account’s security. Never respond to text messages requesting personal information. Please note that we do not offer SMS texting as part of our mobile banking service. Any text messages the CU sends will not contain sensitive data.
- Never modify security settings. Do not modify the security settings on your mobile device, as you may inadvertently disable important security features.
- Report Lost or Stolen Immediately
If you lose your mobile device, log into your account from another computer and reset your Online Banking password right away. Immediately Contact Us at 888-231-2022 and your mobile carrier so the device can be deactivated.
Be cautious when using First Eagle Mobile Banking. It doesn’t take any extra time and will help ensure that you never have to worry when checking your accounts remotely. Feel free to Contact Us any time if you have questions about accessing your accounts.